Radius Innovation & Development has evolved a unique consulting model that combines inspired user experience design with deep technical horsepower and expertise in design for manufacturability. We work with the world’s leading companies, helping them create and bring to market meaningful products and solutions that improve experiences and enhance lives. We help our clients bridge the difficult divide between concept and commercialization.
Our clients come to us to help navigate the growing demand and complexity of converging technology, business models, and user expectations. We’re established in the Internet of Things, Digital Lifestyle, Connected Health, Smart Cities, among others convergent spaces, yet have two decades of experience working across a broad spectrum of industries. We provide focused market, technology, and development expertise in consumer, commercial/industrial, brand packaging, and healthcare markets.
At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results who know how to design, develop, and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multidisciplinary teams of product strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, and quality and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges.
The position of Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for participating in and leading product development teams. In this role, the candidate will bring to bear world class engineering knowledge, creativity, product development experience, planning, and communication skills to deliver winning solutions for Radius clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead engineering efforts on product development teams and be responsible for the quality and content of engineering deliverables
- Have deep skills in the essential engineering tools used in product development (sketching, CAD, prototyping, FEA, DFM/A, FMEA, etc)
- Conceptualize ways of providing value to our customers
- Contribute engineering knowledge and experience to product development projects
- Maintain a high standard of customer service and professional guidance
- Participate in soliciting new jobs and customers, manage and nurture existing accounts
- Promote a results oriented culture of teamwork, respect, excellence, integrity and accountability
- Identify strategic opportunities for Radius
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering
MINIMUM PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE TYPICALLY REQUIRED:
- 5 to 10 years of experience as a practicing mechanical engineer
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Experience managing people a plus
- A history of developing products with multi-disciplinary teams
- A history of leading product development teams
- A history of participating in the development of products from inception (marketing direction) to production
- Experience developing electro-mechanical products
- A strong knowledge of injection molding and plastics
- Involvement in developing a combination of high volume components/products and mid-complex product assemblies
- Motivated, takes initiative
- High standards
- Effective and well organized
- Professional in manner and appearance
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to “see the big picture” when meeting customer needs
- Sound judgment
- Excels at motivating others
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to mentor and help others grow professionally
- Passionate about working in a team (other disciplines)
- Attention to detail
- Solidworks and Pro/Engineer / Creo with surfacing experience
Radius is an award-winning firm that develops products from design through manufacturing for top clients in the consumer, healthcare, industrial, and packaging markets. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment with excellent salary and benefits.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.