Radius has evolved a unique consulting model that combines inspired user experience design with deep technical horsepower and expertise in design for manufacturability. We work with the world’s leading companies, helping them create and bring to market meaningful products and solutions that improve experiences and enhance lives. We help our clients bridge the difficult divide between concept and commercialization.
Our clients come to us to help navigate the growing demand and complexity of converging technology, business models, and user expectations. We’re established in the Internet of Things, Digital Lifestyle, Connected Health, and Smart Cities, among others convergent spaces, yet have two decades of experience working across a broad spectrum of industries. We provide focused market, technology, and development expertise in consumer, commercial/industrial, brand packaging, and healthcare markets.
At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results who know how to design, develop, and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multidisciplinary teams of product strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, and quality and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges.
The Senior Director of Global Operations – Product Development is a key global role focused on optimizing the operational approach, systems, procedures and efficiencies of the organization resulting in a robust, world class innovative product development offering. This leader will develop a business operating approach which enables our innovation and product development capabilities. This position reports directly to the Radius President and will be part of the firm’s global senior leadership team helping to ensure that our operational, financial and growth objectives are consistently achieved and aligned with our global vision and strategy.
This position will focus on providing oversight and will assist in directing the overall business functions, policies and practices of the firm ensuring consistency in our operating approach across our Radius offices worldwide.
As a key senior leader of an industry leading innovation and product development consultancy, this person will need to demonstrate the expertise and professionalism necessary to gain the confidence of and build lasting strategic relationships with the varying management levels of our top customers. This position will have the planning and collaboration skills to help provide vision and direction for the Radius sites and across the firm for cultivating and maintaining an inspired culture of creativity, loyalty, performance, and accountability. Additionally, continuous learning and awareness of the very latest research, design, engineering, and implementation methodologies will be essential to ensure that skills of the organization are kept up to date and maximum value is gained from emerging trends, technologies, and industry best practices.
This is a highly visible and dynamic position whose focus will be defined by the firm’s global organizational initiatives as well as the various global and site specific objectives.
- Stewardship and the continuous improvement of Radius Product Development as an industry leading Professional Service Firm while maintaining a culture of innovation, entrepreneurship, and excellence.
- Maintain a cohesive, sustainable, and collaborative Radius culture that leverages its global footprint to create synergy across all offices for the benefit of our customers while supporting the broader Radius growth initiatives.
- Take part in leading the continued improvement of the Radius multi-disciplinary, collaborative approach to business innovation. Optimizing the delivery and customer experience of the integrated “insight through manufacturing” business model to create deep strategic customer relationships for sustained growth.
- Maintaining up to date, cost effective, and well equipped facilities that support our brand, culture, and innovation environment.
- Industry facing communication of the Radius brand and value proposition as it relates to providing thought leading product and business innovation, product development, and manufacturing leadership for strategic competitive advantage to customers.
- Develop and implement new business and relationship development strategies to ensure sustained and profitable growth for the global Radius organization.
- Maximize the strategic Nypro/Jabil relationship for conversion of integrated opportunities into manufacturing business.
- Maintain the highest level of quality in the work product and deliverables from each Radius discipline to support the firm’s desired industry leadership position
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Related Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- 15 – 20 years of product development consulting firm or related industry experience
- A detailed understanding of the financial and operational nuances of the consulting firm “fee for service” business model as it relates to sustained business growth and success
- Demonstrated experience in effectively leading, managing, and motivating people
- A history of developing products with a full range of multi-disciplinary teams
- A demonstrable history of participating in the development of products from inception (marketing direction) to production
- Strong experience and knowledge of the full spectrum of research, design, engineering and implementation (ESI/DFM) best practices
- Experience in a wide range of manufacturing strategies, processes and technologies
- Experience in engaging customers in the business development process of communicating the key value propositions of the organization while compelling them to actively engage in consulting services
- Demonstrated experience in successfully engaging customers in the strategic planning of their product development opportunities to create robust plans for insured product success
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
This role requires an individual who demonstrates flexibility in the consulting subject matter in which they need to operate and yet has a polished, not over-bearing, delivery style. More specifically, the candidate will have the following underlying skills:
- Motivated, takes initiative
- Leads by example
- Demonstrates accountability
- Expects and holds others accountable
- High standards
- Professional in manner and appearance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to “see the big picture” when meeting the customers’ needs
- Creative thought leadership
- Excels at motivating others
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to mentor and help others grow professionally
- Highly motivated individually as well as the ability to motivate others.
- Strong team player.
- A good listener and communicator.
- Inspires confidence, loyalty and trust.
- Strategic thinker, logical and methodical, results driven.
- Flexibility and adaptability of approach, focused on finding a workable solution to every problem.
Radius is an award-winning firm that develops products from design through manufacturing for top clients in the consumer, healthcare, industrial, and packaging markets. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment with excellent salary and benefits.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.