Radius is a global innovation and development consulting firm serving the healthcare, packaging, consumer, and commercial/industrial markets. At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results that know how to design, develop, and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multidisciplinary teams of product strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, quality, and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges for bringing successful products to market.
Radius Product Development is seeking an exceptional Design Strategist to join our Chicago team. As a member of the Radius team, you will be working with a talented, interdisciplinary group of researchers, designers, strategists, and engineers all focused on innovation, realized. Our work spans brand and supply chain, packaging, electronics, and applications, both in and out of the healthcare space.
A Senior Design Strategist at Radius helps tackle complex business/technology problems, leads design strategy projects, makes design programs more successful, identifies business opportunities, and helps with business development.
- Lead complex-level engagements
- Manage successful client relationships as related to design strategy
- Contribute to, or lead, proposals
- Provide a strategic lens within projects that include consideration of the client’s product portfolio, roadmap, business case, etc.
- Derive the principles, frameworks, and criteria that will drive success for a project
- Using appropriate strategic tools, identify appropriate criteria for down-selection
- Participate in customer journey mapping and persona development
- Facilitate multidisciplinary user and client workshops
- Problem framing, data evaluation
- Develop compelling presentations – and present them
- Contribute to research, synthesize primary and secondary research
- Interview stakeholders
- Continually collaborate with teammates from a variety of disciplines, help build a stronger team
- Lead by example, inspire others to adopt a more strategic approach
ARE WE RIGHT FOR EACH OTHER?
- Ease with ambiguous problems
- Experienced with executive-level communications
- Excellent verbal and visual communications skills
- Good facilitator – listening and leading, particularly workshops and ideation sessions
- Skilled at divergent and convergent thinking
- Demonstrated ability to use both primary and secondary research to provide context and background for strategic design processes
- Background with at least two disciplines, such as design and business
- 2+ years at a design consultancy, including proposal development
- 5+ years as a design strategist
- Team or project management experience
- Portfolio that demonstrates design strategy process
- Small teams, inside a big company – we work hard to preserve our independence
- Nimble, and also with a quality process
- Introverts and extroverts
- Highly visual, even if not all artistic
- Get excited about bringing awesome products to market
Radius is a global innovation and development consulting firm. At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people: we hire the best, invest deeply, and learn constantly. Our multidisciplinary teams of strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, quality, and manufacturing experts thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges for bringing successful products to market.
Join our award-winning team if you want to sharpen your skills on a variety of projects. It goes without saying: we offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with plenty of growth opportunities, excellent compensation, and benefits.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.