Radius Innovation & Development is seeking a talented and experienced Program Manager to join our new Hong Kong studio.
Radius is a global innovation and development consulting firm serving the healthcare, packaging, consumer, and commercial/industrial markets. At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results who know how to design, develop, and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multidisciplinary teams of product strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, and quality and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges for bringing successful products to market.
Join our award-winning team if you want to sharpen your skills and geek out on a variety of projects. It goes without saying: we offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with plenty of growth opportunities, excellent compensation, and benefits.
We are looking for a talented individual that will be responsible for client and project leadership in our studio in Hong Kong. The Program Manager position entails leading product development strategic planning, scheduling, budgeting, proposal writing, and project resource management. This position will provide industry expertise and engineering insight to guide and advise our customers through conceptualization to design validation. Team leaders play an integral role in maintaining an effective, cross-functional, collaborative Radius work place as well as the financial vitality of the business. This position reports directly to the Director of Engineering in Hong Kong and is a highly visible and dynamic position whose focus will be on Radius site specific and global organizational initiatives.
- Work with clients to understand their needs (beyond their requests)
- Plan projects to achieve client needs and facilitate alignment, identifying budgets, risks, and alternate approaches
- Coordinate Radius project team activities to achieve deliverables and milestones, while managing project budget and risks
- Act as the client’s primary contact, fostering open working relationships
- Interface with Nypro, Jabil, and outside suppliers for prototyping, tooling, qualification, and transition to production
- Contribute technically (engineering and product development) on all projects, often acting as the technical lead or as a senior technical advisor to less experienced team members
- Contribute to the strategic growth and improvement of Radius through site and global objectives
- Conceptualize and communicate ways of providing new and improved value to our customers
- Promote a culture of pride, passion, and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field, master’s preferred
- 10+ years’ experience working on the design and development of medical devices
- 5+ years managing projects in a consulting business
- Demonstrated success working directly with executive-level clients
- Experience managing multiple complex projects
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams
- Comfort with ISO 9000-2000 design controls
- Knowledge of plastics and manufacturing processes, particularly injection molding
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
This role requires an individual who demonstrates flexibility in the consulting subject matter in which they need to operate and yet has a polished, not over-bearing, delivery style. More specifically, the candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Motivated, takes initiative
- Excellent program management skills
- Strong team builder, both within the organization and with clients
- Ability to synthesize and clarify complex issues and challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Professional in manner and appearance
- Can “see the big picture” to identify customers’ true needs
- Passionate about working in a multidisciplinary team
- Attention to detail
- Sound judgment
- Technically proficient (engineering)
- Perspective and a great sense of humor
Radius is an award-winning design and innovation firm helping clients realize their brand strategy by designing compelling product solutions. Our teams engage in multiple markets, including consumer, medical, wearables, IoT, packaging, and converging markets.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to email@example.com for consideration.