The Manager of Program Development, Radius Accelerator is responsible for ensuring sustained business growth of the firm through continual sales, identification and qualification of new potential customers, and the management of those customers with a specific focus on accelerating customer growth through leveraging API/NPI and the Radius Digital Prototype Lab.
This is an important strategic organizational role created to leverage the growing business opportunity of “design planning,” increasing relevance in early stage product planning for improved new product creation initiatives by our customer base.
This individual operates at a management level and has focused responsibility for business development interfacing with all management and staff to ensure the interdepartmental coordination of efficient operation. This individual will also be responsible for strategic planning and relationship management for ongoing client program efforts. This position is a business development position and reports directly to the Global Director of Operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prospecting-Related Responsibilities 60%
- The coordination and administration of business development activities, including the targeting, prospecting, forecasting, tracking, and strategic engagement response to customer RFPs to support the closure of business and sustained customer satisfaction
- Ongoing market assessment related to new and emerging business trends and opportunities specific to informing the firm on both customer and competitive design firm industry dynamics for effective planning and competitive advantage
- Identify potential new clients and secure new client opportunities within packaging, consumer product/electronic, and healthcare markets, focusing on exciting, leading edge design and innovation-related projects. Work with others in the firm as needed to close opportunities
- Establish and maintain a group philosophy for impeccable follow-up and program management by setting the example and ensuring that all documentation (proposals, program meeting notes, and action items) are executed in a timely manner
- Early and ongoing assessment and communication of relative profitability, portfolio and strategic value, and ROI to the firm on specific opportunities to improve the filtering, identification, and focus on the very best opportunities
- Senior-level representation of the business development function in internal deliberation, including participation in the formulation of corporate strategies, goals, and objectives
- Overall business development responsibilities and accountability for aggressively attacking front end and back end lead generation
- Promote research, design, engineering, and manufacturing excellence throughout the firm to secure meaningful business opportunities for competitive advantages for the company and its clients. Feed client needs and market trends to leadership
- Formulate and adhere to strategies, systems, and methodologies for achievement of annual revenue and profit targets in line with the firm’s operating best practices and policies. Track all activities and opportunities in the company’s Salesforce system
- General account management support of ongoing product development programs, including program reviews communication, strategic consultation, timeline management, identification and timely response to all program scope changes, risk management assessment, quality of the deliverable, and effective delivery and presentation of work
- Establish a focused and committed attitude towards identifying and managing the risk aspects in all product development efforts to support our company goal of building a reputation in thought leadership, innovation, design, and reliable “real world” product development application and excellence.
Relationship Management 40%
- Provide senior-level thought leadership and in helping customers plan and initiate programs that support their ongoing strategic product initiatives. This includes an appropriate level of hands on involvement in the effective planning and start-up of new initiatives, projects, and collaborative work sessions to help ensure strong direction for success
- Ensure that existing client relationships are maintained to a high standard. Maintain high client retention and increase business with retained clients and client satisfaction ratings
- Ongoing business management leadership and support on related opportunities and relationships to help ensure customer satisfaction (customer advocate) while ensuring program scope and profitability (Radius advocate)
- Grow and maintain productive relationships with Jabil/Nypro business development teams and clearly demonstrate the benefits of working with Radius. Support and advise them on client strategies and presentations
- Be a content expert, an advocate and champion within Radius and Jabil for excellent and appropriate strategy and innovation practices
- Be an active participant as needed in design reviews and elsewhere in the design process, contributing expertise and guidance based on detailed understanding of client needs and perceptions
- Provide active oversight on programs as needed to ensure timely and effective communication to clients. Recommend, initiate, and monitor corrective actions where needed
- Champion a culture of cross-office collaboration to continually improve core skills, knowledge, and best practices across the organization
- Continually review and understand consumer and market trends and competitive intelligence to identify insights and guide growth. Share relevant information with leadership and the teams
- Mentor other client-facing Radius team members to identify and understand client needs. Tailor and coordinate effective responses addressing those needs and high standards of the product development process
- Work proactively with team members to promote the Radius brand and portfolio of work
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Related engineering or technical degree or bachelor of industrial design or equivalent. 10 years of industry experience (PHD in Design school of hard knocks) preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated deep understanding of strategy, innovation, and design and the unique place they occupy and the role they play in the commercial success of product companies
- Ability to effectively and compellingly engage and communicate the firm’s value proposition to prospective customers and engage them in relative planning for success
- Business management – the ability to ask for and retain high-value work and the ability to have the uncomfortable but necessary discussions for appropriate scope and budget management
- Current and growing knowledge of the latest and most appropriate strategy, innovation, and design methodologies
- A relationship builder. Someone who can establish, maintain, and grow strong and loyal relationships with Radius customers – leading to ‘trusted advisor’ status and ultimately to new and regular business
- Aptitude and interest in finding new and appropriate customers that will value and make use of Radius’s development capabilities
- Ceaseless energy and interest in hunting for new customers
- Ability to close a high percentage of business
- A team builder and coach who can share his/her knowledge and experience with staff in order to train and build out “best in class” product development capabilities
- High level of personal organization
- Self starter/self motivated
- Clear and compelling communicator (verbal, written, graphical, reporting, etc)
- Consistent demonstration of personal integrity and stellar business ethics
Radius is an award-winning firm that develops products from design through manufacturing for top clients in the consumer, healthcare, industrial, and packaging markets. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment with excellent salary and benefits.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.