Radius Innovation & Development is seeking a talented and experienced Manager of Implementation to join our new Hong Kong studio.
Radius is a global innovation and development consulting firm serving the healthcare, packaging, consumer, and commercial/industrial markets. At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results who know how to design, develop, and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multidisciplinary teams of product strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, quality and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges for bringing successful products to market.
Join our award-winning team if you want to sharpen your skills on a variety of projects. It goes without saying: we offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with plenty of growth opportunities, excellent compensation, and benefits.
The Manager of Implementation is responsible for coaching, facilitating, mentoring, and training the engineering discipline as well as providing pre-production product samples and ensuring a seamless transition from product development to high-volume production. The Manager will bring technical insight and excellent planning skills to the objective of engineering and create production-like products that the team can use to verify the product solution. Selecting, managing, and improving outside suppliers is a key element of the position, as well as coordinating and fostering Jabil/Nypro support in product development efforts. This position will be responsible for the financial vitality of the “materials” component of Radius. Additionally, this position will be responsible for improving related engineering department operating systems and project planning activity.
This is a highly visible and dynamic position whose focus will be on Radius site specific and global organizational initiatives.
- Provide manufacturing feasibility input throughout the development process
- Participate in project planning by proposal writing, planning, and budgeting activities
- Provide strategic guidance to the team and customers in addressing the engineering, pre-production, and production needs of projects
- Qualify suppliers to meet customer pre-production needs (i.e., tool builders, rapid/short run molders, manufacturing development suppliers, materials, etc.)
- Understand and communicate to the development team Radius-qualified suppliers capabilities
- Inform and update the development team of new manufacturing technologies, materials, and Jabil/Nypro capabilities
- Responsible for on-time and on-budget delivery of appropriate-quality product samples
- Facilitate production supplier involvement throughout the development process (ESI)
- Provide part and capital investment information throughout the development process
- Collaborate with the quality team internally and with suppliers to match expectations with results
- Define processes and methods to mitigate risk and deliver expected results
- Take fiscal responsibility for the pre-production materials and services profit and loss
- Manage manufacturing process development activity
- Manage and grow a small team of professionals
- Responsible for purchasing all pre-production parts and services
- Maintain a high standard of excellence in customer service
- Bachelor’s in plastics engineering, industrial engineering, or mechanical engineering
- Master’s degree preferred. Substantial experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
This role requires an individual who demonstrates flexibility in the consulting subject matter in which he/she needs to operate and yet has a polished, not over-bearing, delivery style. More specifically, the candidate will have the following skills:
- 5+ years’ experience leading engineering and manufacturing teams
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience developing products and creating rapid production-like product
- History of developing products with multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal resources, suppliers, and purchasing responsibilities
- Experience in engineering and developing a broad range of injection molded components (small/large, single/two shot, materials, high/low accuracy, etc.)
- Applied and theoretical understanding of injection molding and plastics
- Strong understanding of non-plastic manufacturing processes
- Experience in secondary assembly, decorating, and packaging operations
- Solid understanding of mold design, construction, and injection molding materials
- Motivated, takes initiative, and practices sound judgment
- Strong and effective leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High standards, attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Exceptional problem solving and planning skills
- Ability to resolve conflict and manage multiple projects
- Passionate about working in a team and with other disciplines
- Technical proficiency in injection molding, materials, manufacturing processes, etc.
Radius is an award-winning design and innovation firm helping clients realize their brand strategy by designing compelling product solutions. Our teams engage in multiple markets, including consumer, medical, wearables, IoT, packaging, and converging markets.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter, resume and salary requirements via email to email@example.com for consideration.