Radius Innovation & Development is seeking a talented and experienced Lead Strategist to join our Blue Sky Center in San Jose, CA. In this role you will be responsible for leading projects that developing market, technology, and business perspectives with actionable directives that guide the development of innovation and product development programs.
The Strategy team consists of curious individuals across a broad range of backgrounds, including social sciences, business consulting, market research, design and design research, technology, and product management. The team applies strategy and research to all stages of the product development lifecycle: understanding user needs and market opportunities, envisioning new solutions, market validation, business modeling, requirements definition, architecture definition, design, implementation, and supporting strategies to create business successes for our clients.
This role will play a key role in leading key client projects as well as servicing and growing client relationships from the San Jose studio and throughout the Bay Area.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an understanding of our clients’ business environment and strategy
- Lead and/or collaborate with client engagements on a daily basis
- Manage consulting engagements
- Lead qualitative research activities, such as ethnographies, contextual interviews, expert interviews, group sessions, co-creation, etc.
- Develop methodologies and approaches to solve ambiguous client problems
- Distill information from a range of sources (qualitative, quantitative, trends, etc.) to develop actionable opportunities for innovation programs
- Participate in proposal development project planning
- Contribute to business development and thought leadership activities
- Be able to travel to other Radius studios and client sites
- 4-7 years of pre-graduate degree or 3-5 years of post-graduate experience at an innovation, design or business consulting firm
- Mastery of foundational consulting skills, including expertise in strategy methods and frameworks, workshop facilitation, and collaborative analysis and synthesis
- Insatiable curiosity and structured thinking mindset
- Experience in leading primary qualitative studies, including moderating and conducting interviews
- Bachelors degree in social sciences, industrial design, or business. MBA is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and rigorous approach to research
- Self-starter mentality and ability to lead project teams to great outcomes
- Experience managing and guiding clients and colleagues through the natural twists and turns of strategic innovation. You are able to guide the process from framing a challenge, to research and insights, to concept and implementation
- Can apply strategic principles to any and all channels of engagement, including product, digital, and service
- You speak in a visual language. You’ve got a knack for succinctly capturing thoughts and expressing them to others. You have a strong strategic voice and point of view on where to go and why. You love ambiguous problems and are able to capture a clear and concise design strategy. You thrive in making the complex simple and digestible
- You are an excellent communicator with great instincts about how to synthesize and tell a captivating story, build a deep rapport, and give honest feedback at all levels of an organization, both with clients and with the global Radius team
- You are confident and flexible and have experience working in interdisciplinary teams where harmonious collaboration is imperative
- You have examples of problem solving where you have lead organizations and teams to arrive at successful solutions grounded in insights about people and markets
- You can easily switch from macro to micro, from understanding the strategic value and business dynamics of an organization’s product or service, to caring about implementation at a detailed level
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.