Radius Innovation and Development is seeking a talented and experienced Lead Strategist to join our Chicago innovation studio. This role collaborates across research, design, and technology teams, to understand business objectives, user goals, customer targets, technical platforms and capabilities, then translates this input into user experience strategy and framework that can guide innovation digital experience, and product development programs.
The Strategy team consists of curious individuals across a broad range of backgrounds including social sciences, business consulting, market research, design & design research, technology, and product management. The team applies strategy and research to all stages of the product development lifecycle – understanding user needs and market opportunities, envisioning new solutions, market validation, business modeling, requirements definition, architecture definition, design, implementation, and supporting strategies to create business successes for our clients.
This role will play a key role in leading key client projects as well as servicing and growing client relationships from the Chicago office and around the world.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an understanding of our clients’ business environment and strategy
- Lead and/or collaborate with client engagements on a daily basis
- Lead qualitative research activities such as ethnographies, contextual interviews, expert interviews, group sessions, co-creation, etc.
- Help conduct, design and analyze user experience and usability testing, incorporating testing best practices
- Develop methodologies and approaches to solve ambiguous client problems
- Distill information from a range of sources (qualitative, quantitative, trends, etc.) to develop actionable opportunities for innovation programs
- Participate in active networking, business development, proposals, and project planning
- Assist in the creation of industry-relevant point of view, and staying current with the latest trends
- Be able to travel to other Radius studios and client sites
- Mentor and manage junior team members, as needed
- 5-7 years of experience defining user experience strategy for progressive brands and complex organizations.
- Demonstrated ability in experience strategy and creating solutions based on business strategy and needs.
- Mastery of foundational consulting skills, including expertise in strategy methods and frameworks, workshop facilitation, collaborative analysis and synthesis
- Experience in leading primary qualitative research, including moderating and conducting interviews.
- Demonstrated understanding of information architecture, user experience, and content strategy
- Can apply strategic principles to any and all channels of engagement, including product, digital and service.
- Experience managing and guiding clients and colleagues through the natural twists and turns of strategic innovation. You are able to guide the process from framing a challenge, to research and insights, to concept and implementation.
- You speak in a visual language. You’ve got a knack for succinctly capturing thoughts and expressing them to others. You have a strong strategic voice and point of view on where to go and why. You love ambiguous problems and are able to capture a clear and concise design strategy. You thrive in making the complex simple and digestible.
- Insatiable curiosity and structured thinking mindset, while keeping a flexible attitude.
- You are an excellent communicator with great instincts about how to synthesize and tell a captivating story, build a deep rapport, and give honest feedback at all levels of an organization: both with clients and with the global Radius team.
- You can easily switch from macro to micro; from understanding the strategic value and business dynamics of an organization’s product or service, to caring about implementation at a detailed level.
- Bachelors degree in social sciences, industrial design, interaction design or business. MBA or Masters of Design is a plus.
- Proficiency with tools like Axure RP, Visio, and Omnigraffle is a plus.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.