Radius is a global innovation and development consulting firm serving the healthcare, packaging, consumer, and commercial/industrial markets. At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results, who know how to design, develop, and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multidisciplinary teams of product strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, and quality and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges for bringing successful products to market.
Radius seeks a talented and experienced Interaction Designer for our Chicago studio who will be responsible for designing digital and physical products, environments, systems, and services.
- Translate requirements, needs, and insights into compelling user interaction experiences through expert understanding of user behavior
- Collaborate with visual designers, developers, product owners, marketing, and content managers to define product experiences and champion the user
- IxD for major programs as a practitioner with minimal support.
- Create and develop design mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps, and other design documents
- Presentation of interaction work and solutions to clients.
- Contribute IxD/UI/UX knowledge and experience to product development projects
- Work with integrated teams to make sure that the workflow reflects the customer’s needs and ensure consistency among features
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Define innovative user interfaces and interaction styles that result in improved user productivity
- Integrate into usability testing sessions to deliver artifacts for testing
- Execute work consistent with design and brand standards, analytics insight, and customer and user feedback
- Research and share industry trends, competitors, and comparable experiences
- Conceptualize ways of providing new and improved value to our customers
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Prior involvement in large and small IxD/UI/UX programs and teams
- High degree of creativity, interaction design, and problem solving ability
- Proven track record and a passion for designing compelling, award-winning interaction design
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and fluid consultancy environment
- Champion a human-centric design and development process
- Maintain a high standard of client satisfaction and professional guidance
- Promote a results-oriented culture of teamwork, respect, excellence, integrity, and accountability
- Candidate must present a great portfolio displaying process, innovation, and outstanding visual communication
- Possess a strong ability to communicate ideas both verbally and visually
- Have a great eye for graphic/communication design and presentation layouts
- Full understanding of best design practices for production delivery across platforms, i.e., embedded, desktop, and mobile.
- Skill in motion graphics using After Effects or similar tools.
- Skill in crafting presentations for delivery up to board level and communicating ideas through visual design, prototypes, and motion graphics
- Adept at combining user insights, analytics, best practices, and competitive analyses to inform design
- Track record of delivering appropriate level of specification needed to ensure high-quality development, on time
- Expertise in driving and documenting design standards and patterns across channels and products
- Skilled in using Adobe Creative Suite packages, mainly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficient in key prototyping packages, such as Axure, InDesign, and HTML/motion graphics
- Ability to work independently to execute against deadlines, finding ways to maximize efficiency in a fluid and fast-paced environment
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in interface design or industrial design
- Three years of experience as part of an IxD team or multidisciplinary design teams
- A history of developing designs with multidisciplinary teams from research and strategy (marketing direction) through to production
- Team player able to integrate into multidisciplinary design teams
- Engaging personality interested in behavior
- Highly motivated and takes initiative
- High standards in project work and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to “see the big picture” when meeting customer needs
- Sound judgment
- Excel at motivating others
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Attention to detail
Radius is an award-winning design and innovation firm helping clients realize their brand strategy by designing compelling product solutions. Our teams engage in multiple markets, including consumer, medical, wearables, IoT, packaging, and converging markets. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment with outstanding compensation packages.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.