At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results who know how to design, develop, and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multidisciplinary teams of product strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, and quality and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges.
Radius is looking for a talented, experienced, and highly motivated Director of Strategic Alliances to build and manage our evolving Partner Model with the goal of extending our reach, capturing new market,s and establishing new revenue streams. This important position will collaborate across the Radius global organization and its leadership team and will be part of our new Radius Accelerator Model. Our Accelerator is focused on servicing new business start-ups, evolving new business models, developing break-through technologies, and connecting partners for driving growth.
Based out of our Blue Sky Center in Silicon Valley and reporting to the Radius Senior Director of Operations, the role will closely collaborate with the Radius business development teams, the Radius innovation and development teams, and Jabil commercial and development teams.
The role will work across well-funded start-ups, enterprise and corporate divisions, and equity/funding partners. The role is lead on developing our client and stakeholder relationships within and across the partner ecosystem.
The position has three main areas of responsibility: build and manage a Partner Model to grow and support a range of relationships across technology and business models; help sell an R&D/IP model that leverages Radius Innovation and Development services, including the Digital Prototype Lab and API/NPI offerings; and manage and mature an ecosystem (and revenue streams) to enable benefits among external partners and Radius’s core business / Blue Sky Center of Excellence / Digital Prototype Lab and Jabil capabilities.
Help Build and Manage a Partner Model:
- Actively nurture commercial relationships with thought leaders, senior-decision makers, and technology leads
- Grow partnerships while developing awareness around the Radius/Jabil brand
- Recognize and scope potential business opportunities
- Develop creative solutions to emerging technologies
- Outreach with well-funded, early stage companies and VC & PE funding leadership
- Manage corporate and enterprise-level technology, integrators, and vendors leadership
- Collaborate on external-oriented events, thought leadership, and marketing
- Draft technology, partnership and commercialization reports
Help Commercialize an R&D/IP Capture Model:
- Develop a IP portfolio across technical, service, and legal platforms
- Identify new IP, products, and services by leveraging outside relationships to win new client opportunities, revenue, and integration possibilities
- Identify royalty and other cross-revenue opportunities aligned around a technology roadmap
- Understand and manage risk around emerging technology, models and revenue structures
- Develop Stakeholder and Demo Days
- Align with customers, business units, and portfolio managers for potential brainstorming sessions, customer engagements, and early-stage prospecting
Create Value and Grow Pipeline Across Radius & Jabil:
- Leverage the API/NPI model across Radius’s core business, Blue Sky Center of Excellence (BSC) / Digital Prototype Lab / and Jabil capabilities, including sales enablement
- Represent the Radius /Jabil integrated model and opportunity spaces thoroughly — enabling development of the most promising, relevant, and occasionally unexpected technologies
- Seek and screen potential technology placements into Radius /Jabil solutions and match BSC activities around disruptive technologies
- Create new channels for client opportunities and revenue
- Actively collaborate around digital transformation and product development program
- Re-sell partnerships for revenue capture
- You have 7-15 years experience in technology, design, strategy, and product management, ideally direct experience in multidisciplinary consulting services and a background in product development, digital transformation, and/or innovation
- You have business development and commercial experience with direct alliance or partnership management roles
- You have deep experience managing and converting accelerators and product development models
- You act as the alliance’s primary contact, fostering open working relationships and participating in the formulation of alliance strategies, goals, and objectives
- You understand well the commercial process of R&D and innovation around creating patents, and breakthrough technologies with commercialization roadmaps
- You proactively monitor the economic value of each alliance and align partnerships with business objectives, owning and being held accountable for requirements and results
- You proactively contribute to building a healthy pipeline and top-line growth
- You build trust and confidence, creating a dialogue around solutions. You create long-term business partnerships through consulting and a problem-solving approach connecting client’s needs, priorities, and aspirations with Radius’s value, capabilities, and solutions
- You are active in outreach and engagement at the highest professional level, connecting with decision makers at target companies and in the business community at large, where you establish productive conversations addressing their business, innovation, and development needs
- You provide high business acumen and understand the impacts of the market, technology, and user context on a potential client and how that influences that business
- You ensure compliance with all pertinent laws, regulations, and policies
- Global perspective and mindset
- Client-oriented and collaborative in nature
- Results-oriented and can work well in an ambiguous context
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technology or innovation field, master’s preferred
Radius is an award-winning firm that develops products from design through manufacturing for top clients in the consumer, healthcare, industrial, and packaging markets. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment with excellent salary and benefits.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.