This individual is responsible for defining and building a cross-industry IoT solution – SaaS and PaaS. You will be proactively contributing to the strategic direction of Radius, growing new and existing clients, and the quality of the firm’s services and deliverables. This position reports directly to the Managing Director in Silicon Valley and will play a critical role in the success of this new office location.
In addition, you will:
- Own and maintain the entire IoT architecture starting at the individual device through connectivity, data collection and storage, cloud, middleware, and APIs.
- Contribute personally to the software development effort.
- Work closely with the leadership team and business development to ensure Radius’s technology stack can deliver the IoT product needs.
- Manage day to day activities to ensure 99.9% up time to our users and service providers.
- Work cross-functionally, internally & externally to oversee the timely execution of project deliverables.
- Participate in team meetings to ensure product launches are on schedule, within cost targets and deliver the features described in the product specification.
- Create a high-performance team to launch and manage the Radius IoT technology stack.
- Establish transparent people management & processes to attract and retain the best talent in this new industry opportunity.
- Oversee the productivity and well-being of the engineering team
- Participation in recruiting and hiring new members for the team
- Contribute engineering knowledge and experience to product development projects
- Maintain a high standard of customer service and professional guidance
- Participate in soliciting new customers and manage and nurture existing accounts
- Promote a culture of pride, passion, and integrity
- Manage staff performance reviews and seek out opportunities for professional development
- Collaborate with leadership team to create business plans and proposals
- Actively participate in business development activity and account management
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Management Information Systems. Or equivalent.
- IoT management experience; understanding of complexity of hardware, firmware, and software development environments.
- 8+ years professional experience in software or IoT environment with at least 2 years as a manager.
- Understanding of cloud offerings in the marketing and ability to discuss cloud architectures; familiarity/Strength with AWS, Kinesis, Redshift and related AWS services.
- Proficiency (understanding) in modern programming language such as Java, C++, Perl, Node.js, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development environments is desired.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Deep appreciation for the Customer mindset. Proven ability to think Customer-first; successful track record in building strategies and solutions to meet Customer needs.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm.
- The timely preparation of accurate, well-planned program proposals and estimates
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.