We are looking for a talented, experienced, and highly motivated business development professional to join our Asia team. This role will report to the Vice President, Global Business Development with significant interface with the site Managing Director and leadership and program personnel across Radius Innovation & Development studios.
As part of the management team, you will proactively contribute to the strategic direction of Radius, growing new and existing clients, and the quality of the firm’s services and deliverables. You will be responsible for ensuring sustained business growth of the firm through continual sales from the identification, qualification and closure of new potential clients.
This is a highly visible and dynamic position whose focus will be on Radius site specific and global organizational initiatives.
- You coordinate and administer the site business development activity including the targeting, prospecting, forecasting, tracking and strategic response to customer needs to support the closure of business and sustained customer satisfaction
- Maintain an aggressive approach to the generation of high level BD leads and business opportunities
- You proactively identify and develop new leads, evolving them into engagements, and converting them into business opportunities and client partnerships. Commitment to build a healthy pipeline and top-line growth.
- You navigate Chinese business, cultural and organizational complexities of both Multinational companies and national-base firms; applying the right gravitas and cultural savvy in the right context.
- You promote design, engineering and manufacturing excellence to secure meaningful business opportunities for competitive advantages for the company and its clients
- You build trust and confidence, creating a dialogue around solutions. You create long-term business partnerships through consulting and a problem solving approach connecting client’s needs, priorities and aspirations with Radius’ value, capabilities and solutions
- You support the Site team with the expectation that you are part of a global team with the ability to leverage global capabilities and serve global Clients.
- You are active in outreach and engagement at the highest professional level, connecting with decision-makers at target companies and in the business community at large; where you establish productive conversations addressing their business, innovation and development needs.
- You thrive around sales targets and revenue obligations
- You actively manage a sales portfolio, pipeline metrics, analytics and Salesforce.com
- You ensure that all communication with the client is of the highest quality
- You collaborate closely with colleagues and the delivery teams to craft compelling scopes of work, proposals and persuasive engagements with potential clients
- You provide direction and product development leadership to both clients and staff in all appropriate operational and program development activities
- You collaborate with clients and colleagues around your extensive knowledge in the areas of innovation, design, user experience, design for manufacturing and/or the product development process
- You provide high business acumen and understand the impacts of the market, technology and user context on a potential client and how that influences their business
- You understand the meaning and implications of key financial indicators and apply them to evaluate options and opportunities
The Candidate: Competencies and Background
- You are globally experienced in business development, consulting, professional service, consultative sales or business-minded advisory services with substantially sized client and executive level engagement
- You demonstrate strong ability to empathize with clients as individuals and organizations; You have a consultative approach and are an active listener who can actively identify problems and scope solutions
- You are an international professional with significant experience in Asia working with executive and senior level decision-makers who manage international portfolios, product lines, teams and brands
- You have direct global experience and understand an international context of business, product development, innovation and design
- You have great professional energy, gravitas and a sense of humor
- You have very strong communicate skills with fluency in both English and Chinese, both verbal and written
- You thrive and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You are confident and approach engagements with professional curiosity and a proactive energy
- You are result oriented and convey a sense of urgency while driving issues to conclusion
- You are performance-oriented and thrive around metrics and accountability
- 5-10 years experience in innovation, design, strategy, technology, product /management; ideally a direct experience in multidisciplinary consulting services
Radius is an award winning firm that develops products from design through manufacturing for top clients in the consumer, healthcare, industrial and packaging markets. We offer a dynamic, fast paced and fun environment with excellent salary and benefits.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.