Radius has evolved a unique consulting model that combines inspired user experience design with deep technical horsepower and expertise in design for manufacturability. We work with the world’s leading companies, helping them create and bring to market meaningful products and solutions that improve experiences and enhance lives. We help our clients bridge the difficult divide between concept and commercialization.
Our clients come to us to help navigate the growing demand and complexity of converging technology, business models, and user expectations. We’re established in the Internet of Things, Digital Lifestyle, Connected Health, and Smart Cities, among other convergent spaces, yet have two decades of experience working across a broad spectrum of industries. We provide focused market, technology and development expertise in consumer, commercial/industrial, brand packaging, and healthcare markets.
At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results that know how to design, develop, and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multidisciplinary teams of product strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, quality, and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges.
Consultative and Proactive Business Development:
We are looking for a talented, experienced, and highly motivated business development professional to join our Boston team. This role will report to the Vice President, Global Business Development with significant interface with the site Managing Director and leadership and program personnel across Radius offices.
As part of the management team, you will proactively contribute to the strategic direction of Radius, growing new and existing clients, and the quality of the firm’s services and deliverables. You will be responsible for ensuring sustained business growth of the firm through continual sales from the identification, qualification, and closure of new potential clients.
This is a highly visible and dynamic position whose focus will be on Radius site-specific and global organizational initiatives.
- You coordinate and administer the site business development activity, including the targeting, prospecting, forecasting, tracking, and strategic response to customer needs to support the closure of business and sustained customer satisfaction
- You maintain an aggressive approach to the generation of high-level BD leads and business opportunities
- You proactively identify and develop new leads, evolving them into engagements, and converting them into business opportunities and client partnerships
- You are committed to building a healthy pipeline and top-line growth
- You promote design, engineering, and manufacturing excellence to secure meaningful business opportunities for competitive advantages for the company and its clients
- You build trust and confidence, creating a dialogue around solutions. You create long-term business partnerships through consulting and a problem-solving approach connecting client’s needs, priorities and aspirations with Radius’s values, capabilities, and solutions
- You support the site team with the expectation that you are part of a global team with the ability to leverage global capabilities and serve global clients.
- You are active in outreach and engagement at the highest professional level, connecting with decision-makers at target companies and in the business community at large, where you establish productive conversations addressing their business, innovation, and development needs.
- You thrive around sales targets and revenue obligations
- You actively manage a sales portfolio, pipeline metrics, analytics, and Salesforce.com
- You ensure that all communication with the client is of the highest quality
- You collaborate closely with colleagues and delivery teams to craft compelling scopes of work, proposals, and persuasive engagements with potential clients
- You provide direction and product development leadership to both clients and staff in all appropriate operational and program development activities
- You collaborate with clients and colleagues around your extensive knowledge in the areas of innovation, design, user experience, design for manufacturing and/or the product development process
- You provide high business acumen and understand impacts of the market, technology, and user context on potential clients and how that influences their businesses
- You understand the meaning and implications of key financial indicators and apply them to evaluate options and opportunities
Competencies and Background:
- You are experienced in business development, consulting, professional service, consultative sales, or business-minded advisory services with substantially sized client and executive-level engagement
- You demonstrate strong ability to empathize with clients as individuals and organizations
- You have a consultative approach and are an active listener who can proactively identify problems and scope solutions
- You have great professional energy, gravitas, and a sense of humor
- You have direct global experience and understand an international context of business, product development, innovation, and design
- You have strong communication skills
- You thrive and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You are confident and approach engagements with professional curiosity and a proactive energy
- You are result oriented and convey a sense of urgency while driving issues to conclusion
- You are performance-oriented and thrive around metrics and accountability
- 5-10 years’ experience in innovation, design, strategy, technology, product /management, ideally a direct experience in multidisciplinary consulting services
Interested in applying? Submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.